Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone Recipe Kit
- 4.7kg 2 row barley
- 450gms crystal 60 lovibond/160 EBC
- 10 gms Magnum hops to be added for 60 mins before the end of boil
- 10 gms Perle hops to be added for 30 mins before the end of boil
- 30 gms Cascade hops 10 mins before the end of boil
- Mash Temperature - 153 Degree F/ 67 Degree Celcius
- Yeast - Safale - American Ale Yeast US-05
- Whirlfloc 1 tablet 15mins before finishing the boil
Cost Per Pint of beer
This Recipe should make approx 19 liters of beer. The ingredients cost 1899 for grains & 499 for the yeast which sums to Rs2398 . Cost of each pint of craft beer = 19/.33 = 57 pints. less wastage = 56 pints.
2398/56= Rs 43/pint of unadulterated , chemical free, preservative free craft beer. Cost of similar craft beer in the market is about Rs 150 depending on the region.